CAOGA has charitable status.
It is dedicated to officers’ welfare.
CAOGA provides life assurance for officers, their spouses and Civil Partners with free cover for children to 25 years.
CAOGA provides two life assurance schemes:
- CAOGA Friendly Society’s Scheme run by the CAOGA Staff. This provides a small benefit, a funeral Expense.
- Group Life Assurance Plan provided by Generali PanEurope Ltd. This provides
a large benefit which will look after the long-term security of your family.
Other important services for serving officers include:
- Relief of illness cover for officers placed on half pay due to serious illness
- Compulsory Retirement, due to ill health benefit
- Officer Benevolent Fund, for serving officers
A preferential loan services for all CAOGA members and their spouses through the Bank of Ireland.
CAOGA is in existence for 60 years and over 300 members, including spouses and children have received COAGA Benefits in that period.